If you’re from the South you probably remember growing up and having King Ranch Chicken Casserole as a staple for dinner. It’s one of those dishes that is always a crowd pleaser, and is great for a home-cooked meal or a dish to serve for a big group.
Serve it with Caesar salad and home-style beans and you’ve got yourself a complete meal ready to impress your guests.
King Ranch Chicken Casserole
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut in cubes
1 can Cream of Chicken
1/2 cup of your favorite salsa or 1 can Rotel
1/2 chopped white onion
1/4 chicken broth
1/4 cup of sour cream
1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
1/2 crushed tortilla chips
1 cup shredded Kraft Three Cheese
salt, pepper, onion powder
- Wrap each chicken breast in foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until fully cooked. Unwrap and cut in cubes.
- While the chicken is baking, mix all the other ingredients together in a mixing bowl, except the cheese.
- Once the chicken is cut, remove from foil and cut into cubes. Add the cooked chicken to the mixture.
- Grease a glass casserole dish and place the chicken mixture in the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with a side salad and home-style baked beans. Enjoy!
Serve with a side salad and home-style beans. Enjoy!